I'm grateful for ...

Friday, April 20, 2007

Grateful for Friends Who Name Dust Bunnies

My friend Sue is coming for the weekend. I haven't cleaned my house. I could have canceled, postponed, begged to change our plans. Or rushed home early to fix the mess before she sees it.

Instead, I wrote to apologize, ahead of time. I told her she gets to see my house the way we actually live in it, and my husband is probably mortified. She says she will feel better, knowing she's not the only one whose housekeeping is not the best, and that we can just name the dust bunnies and call them part of the family.

I wish I'd cleaned the house. But I'm grateful that I didn't need to, to feel okay about this visit.

Maybe I'm getting older and wiser. Maybe just lazy. Maybe I'm finally accepting that who I am is enough.

I'm grateful for "enough."

-----

And sunshine. More sunshine. Always grateful for sunshine.

Sunshine and well kitties.

Sunshine, well kitties, good friends who name dust bunnies, being "enough," and having "enough."

That'll do for now.

Grateful.

2 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Sis... Three Blogs??? Yikes.
Thanks for sharing. I confess I already referred a friend to this post. I'm sitting a cat this weekend - well, stopping in to feed it a couple times - and was told I couldn't stop by their house tonight because "the house has to be clean before you see it!" He admitted this wasn't his rule (blaming his spouse, but probably true). Funny - I wanted to stop by their house to get the key so they wouldn't see how messy MY house is. Now, I'm going to go sit in the sun while I can...

Sharon said...

Enjoy the sunshine. Dust bunnies can wait!