I'm grateful for ...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Working the Kinks Out

Last week Tuesday, I couldn't turn my head to check for traffic over my left shoulder, and I had to turn my entire body at my desk to talk to my colleague beside me. Now, I am pain free, and my shoulders are back down where they belong, instead of up around my ears.

I'm grateful for the patient, caring nature and strong, skilled hands of my massage therapist, Dawn, who has successfully pressed and prodded and stretched the kinks out of my neck and back. It hurts so good when she melts those knots away!

For two days, my house has been too quiet, too empty, as my darling husband has been out of town for a conference. Tonight, I'll sleep more soundly because he will sleep beside me. I'm grateful for his safe return.

I was not alone those two days John was gone, however. All my kitties were here, but Mack has been sleeping in our room so he can get to his bowl of Kitty Chow without Lucky or Reggie emptying it before Mack decides he's hungry. Last night, Mack was particularly sweet. I woke up several times to the awareness that he was curled up next to my pillow -- often, with his head resting on my forehead. He wasn't purring to be fed ... it was as if he just wanted to be next to me. Awwww....

Finally, I'm grateful for the opportunity to have fun writing with my friend, Sue. She has always delighted me with her wit and humor ... there is no one who tells a story the way she does. And now, we're blogging together. For a few chuckles from two crones, you'll find us at Belfry Cronicles (http://belfrycronicles.blogspot.com/), and for pet stories we'll be at Paws 4 Reflection (http://shrnmc.blogspot.com). Drop by anytime. Everyone's welcome!

No comments: