I'm grateful for ...

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

For like-minded community and the pink glow of sunset

Tonight the world was washed with a pink glow, not only across the sky, but also across grass and pavement, houses and trees. It was really as if we were seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. Beautiful.

I'm grateful for rosiness, and the contrasting cerulean blue of the sky at sunset ...

for the leisure time to reflect upon the things I'm most grateful for, on this day ...

for fresh leeks and vidalia onions, celaric and hearty potatoes, a sweet potato and some corn for color -- and the scent of made-from-scratch soup that tastes as good as it smells ... I make good soup ...

for my husband's presence in my life, companion and friend and lover, whose being is distinct from -- yet deliciously entwined with mine ...

and for a like-minded community with whom to share the journey of exploration as we travel the path of the Eight Gates of Wisdom.

Grateful.

No comments: