I'm grateful for ...

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Everything

The challenge of this practice, for me, is not finding 5 things a day to be grateful for. It is focusing on only 5 things, because I am overflowing with gratitude about nearly everything in my life. (I'm honest ... see? "nearly everything" ... realistic, too!)

So, in random order, and with awareness that too many things are not on the list, today I am grateful for ...

- mild winter weather that has melted most of the snow, allows me to wear a jacket instead of a coat, and lets me believe winter will not last forever

Milwaukee from the UWM Union

- lengthening days -- I wonder what it would be like to live near the equator, where the dramatic shifts do not occur, season to season; sometimes, I think I could go for that; sometimes, I think I am more grateful for abundance when I have had the contrast of scarcity, as well

- companionship and love -- I am so grateful for John in my life, I cannot adequately express it in words

Oh, where can I go from there? Best to leave off basking in the glow of that last one. Aaahhhhh.

No comments: