I'm grateful for ...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Importance of a Good Pair of Shoes

Comfortable Shoes

I've been intending to let Shannon and Josh know that the gift they gave me some time ago ... which had, originally, looked as if it wouldn't work out ... has become a pretty important part of almost every workday for the last several months. I'm talking about a pair of shoes that they gave me (I think it might have been for Mother's Day last year, but it might have been my birthday last summer). At first, they hurt my foot where the leather rubbed on the ligament above the big toe. Perhaps it's because of the cushion of heavier winter socks -- perhaps it's because I let Shannon wear them a few times ... but they don't hurt anymore! And now they are the shoes that stay at work so I can wear them when I take off my winter boots. They're so comfortable it feels like I'm wearing slippers all day! Thank you so much!

I'm actually grateful, sometimes, for winter. Especially when the cold weather gives us a good excuse for warm, home-made food like oatmeal for breakfast (cranberry-orange with Lingonberry sauce, this morning) and soup for dinner (hearty root vegetables simmered in vegetable broth, seasoned with Penzey's spices, and thickened up with fat-free half-and-half). Mmmmm.

A quiet evening at home with my love, with a contented cat curled up beside me (and not butting me with his hard head!) ... who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Good shoes are so important. Comfortable shoes are an absolute requirement, in my mind - how could I be pastoral if my toes hurt? And, preaching in heels? Ain't gonna happen!