I'm grateful for ...

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Technologies!

So, to be honest, without technology, my current job wouldn't even exist, and the University certainly wouldn't need me to help support instructors in their use of a complicated software application. I am grateful for technology for providing me a pretty good way to make a living. And I truly enjoy almost everything about my job and the people I work with.

But I'm also grateful for technologies because they are fun and useful and exciting.

Dells

Dells

Dells

Facebook lets me keep in touch with people that I would normally not have contact with, except on very rare occasions. Blogs let me express myself here, where I'm not sure anyone is reading ... but ... the important part is that I get to say what's on my mind and in my heart, with the tantalizing knowledge that, at the very least, I know a few people that I care about will wander into this space sometime and get a glimpse inside.

Our laptop allows me to sit comfortably and companionably on the living room sofa near my husband while the television presents its disturbing and/or amusing fare ... and I don't even have to pay attention, because I'm otherwise occupied!

Today, another kind of technology arrived at our door. Its design, I believe, originated in the 1950s, but ours is brand new. It looks "space aged," and it floats on air. I'm looking forward to using it!

Space Age

Technology ... I guess that makes me some kind of geek, eh?

Oh! Did I mention the technology I'm grateful for that allows me to capture images of my world, my loved ones, and to learn more about myself in the process? Ah, yes ... I'm grateful for my camera and Flickr and Picasa, and ... yeah, all that. :-)

Dinner

No comments: