I'm grateful for ...

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Light and Shadows, and the ability to see



I almost walked right through this scene, hurrying to my car at the end of the day, without doing more than noticing -- but not really pausing to admire -- the artistic quality that had naturally occurred here.

The sun was shining, the air was crisp, and I'd been wishing for several days that I'd brought my camera to photograph the yellow and "black" tulips planted on the UWM campus, no doubt to echo the black and gold campus colors.

I didn't expect a masterpiece in grays.

I'm so grateful I had the camera with me, that I took the moments to snap these photos, and the delight I'm feeling at how they turned out.

Mostly, I'm grateful for whatever it is inside me that notices things like this, and urges me to pause, to truly take it in, and to experience it with delight, wonder and awe.

2 comments:

Earthbound Spirit said...

Wow - beautiful photos! I admire your ability to notice and appreciate the beauty in the world around you. It's what makes you a fine poet!

HUGS...

Sharon said...

Awww ... Thank you!