I'm grateful for ...

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Gratitude

For my children, without whom Mother's Day would have an entirely different meaning for me ---

I love you!
powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox



For my husband, without whom I would not know the joys or opportunities for growth that motherhood has presented to me in life --


John - for Mother's Day
powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox



My sweet husband surprised me with a bountiful buffet brunch on Mother's Day, two dozen roses at just the right stage of bloom, and an evening at the Milwaukee Theater's production of the musical Chicago. What a wonderful man; what a beautiful day!

(By the way -- I'm also grateful for aluminum foil to cover the table where my roses are displayed, so the kitties don't tip it over or munch the leaves!)

To top it all off, one of the kitties I'm "mom" to also had a milestone - Mack (who has been very sick with hepatic lipidosis) was spotted twice eating the REGULAR cat food with his brothers. Hallelujah! No more worrying that he isn't eating anything if we don't lock him in the bedroom with his special foods! Life is truly returning to a joyous "normal."

No comments: