I'm grateful for ...

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend #2

How lucky I am! Last weekend was the official Mother's Day, which was wonderful for me ... AND this weekend, I'm having an extended celebration because my daughters are now here!

I'm grateful Amy made it back from San Antonio safely, and was able to spend some time with us since she's returned.

Dinner on Friday night with Amy, Shannon and Josh, and John was delightful -- the food and the company were the best!

Saturday was sunny and warm, perfect for our first visit of the season to the West Allis Farmer's Market. We now have dahlias in the one garden spot we're certain we won't be re-landscaping -- and we got them into the ground before the temperature dropped 30 degrees and the sun went into hiding. Brrrr....

Another delightful experience: quite a long chat with our dear friends and neighbors. Somehow, winter tends to be the season when we just wave to each other as we rush into the warm house, no matter how much we'd like to linger and visit. This is one of my favorite reasons for warmer weather!

Kitties are snoozing, pancakes are browning, and we get another few hours with Shannon and Josh before they head back home.

Life is good.