I'm grateful for ...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Betty Brinn Children's Museum

Our day was spent at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum with 3 little girls ranging in age from almost-5 to seven-and-a-half-going-on-thirty.

Sendik's neon food

Two of them could have shopped for plastic produce and silk flowers at Sendik's for six more hours.

One of them had the attention span of a gnat for anything except keeping possession of the single orange golf ball at the gravity funnel.

All of them had a great time.

I'm grateful that my foot stopped aching on the way TO the museum (or the day would have been altogether different, for me).

I'm grateful for the presence of youngsters brimming with energy in my life, in small doses.

I'm grateful for refueling in the middle of the day, and for the knowledge that the Betty Brinn allows carry-in food at the picnic tables in the lobby (which will shave $50 off our next outing like this!).

I'm grateful for the beauty of the Calatrava, and the kid-friendly menu that allowed each little girl to have their favorite: hot dog, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly.

I'm especially grateful there were two of us to chaperon the three of them -- either of us alone would have been challenged to handle all of them! And I'm grateful for the quiet of our own (childless) house in the aftermath.

The girls fell asleep almost immediately in the back seat on the way home. Weekends are good. They provide both over-stimulation and the time to recover from the fun we've had.

No comments: