I'm grateful for ...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Peace of Mind

Solstice Gathering stuff

Last night, I was honored to lead a group of wonderful women in an activity to celebrate the Winter Solstice ... over a month late, due to snow and ice in December. I am grateful to know each of the women in this group -- some of whom have been meeting periodically for about 14 years! For the time and space to give thanks for the increasing light that makes winter tolerable -- and for good food, good friends, and good conversation ... I am grateful.

Yesterday afternoon, I also had the opportunity to lead a group of young college students in a session to familiarize them with a technology I use everyday at work, and for which they play a key role in the support of students on our campus. There is an energy in interacting with these young people, and a playfulness that is infectious. For all of that, I am grateful.

My friend Rosemary and I had a lovely time in Kohler on Monday. I saw so many interesting things we could do to our house (if we had the time, energy, money, and patience). I know it sounds silly, and I know I'll never spend almost $4k for one like it, but it makes me feel good to know that someone in the world has invented a toilet that has clean lines like this, and would be so easy to keep clean, too.

Kohler

I'm grateful to be surrounded by beauty everywhere I look. UWM Klotzsche Center and Pavilion

And, finally, today, I am grateful for the quiet, calm, casual, comfortable, fairly boring life I am blessed to lead. I'm grateful, too, for the peace of mind of having made a decision about whether to disrupt that peaceful lifestyle ... it's a relief just not to be waffling back and forth anymore, wondering whether this or that is "THE right thing" to do. (http://holdingthequestion.blogspot.com/2009/01/holding-our-ground.html)

No comments: