I'm grateful for ...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Warm

The temperatures are plunging tonight, and our home is toasty warm.

School closings mean that the children won't have to be outside in the dangerous cold. I saw a number of children walking to and from school today, and I'm grateful they won't have to do it tomorrow!

Shannon called tonight, and it was fun hearing her talk about the week she and Josh spent babysitting ... and wondering how to avoid some behaviors when they have their own children some day.

Amy gratefully accepted the emergency kit I pulled together for her this evening to keep in her car: warm fleecy blanket, two sets of fleece hats and scarves, a pair of gloves and fleece mittens, warm socks, crackers, caramels, and water. Considering that she travels so far for evening classes, I feel better knowing she has this "just in case." I'm sure she won't ever need it, but it's good to have it in her car.

Overall, life is very, very good. [contented sigh]

No comments: